Monday 4 February 2013

Using your embossing folder as a stamp!

Here is a great way to get more out of your embossing folders and you don't even need a big shot.

  • Ink up your brayer
  • Brayer the ink over the raised side of the embossing folder
  • Place your card on the other side of the embossing folder
  • Carefully close your embossing folder
  • Wash and dry your brayer
  • Firmly brayer over the top of your folder
  • Open up folder and you should have a flat image of your embossing folder design
  • Wash and dry your folder!
You could also try this using the other side of the image. I have even used versa mark ink then heat embossed.  This is a great way to give your embossing folders a whole new lease of life.

This is another card we made in the faux mother of pearl/elements of style class. I inked the honey comb folder in raspberry ripple ink and used pretty in pink card. I used shimmer paint to ink up the hummingbird stamp.
I sponged over the card as well to give a more vintage look. 

2 comments:

  1. Just popping on to say lovely to meet you yesterday and Thanks for sharing such beautiful projects at Training yesterday... You certainly made me leap to my More Amore pack!! And thanks for also adding to my Inspiration table too!!! The stealer of the show for me though was the beautiful mini/baggy book you made... Stunning... A complete work of art!! Off to hop around your blog now! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete