Tuesday 26 February 2013

Reverse Masking Technique

Another card from our sponging techniques class.  This one is called reverse masking, sounds technical but it is really easy! All you do is punch or die cut (or even hand cut) a shape out of scrap paper, put the punched/diecut shape to one side and use the paper with the hole in as a mask/stencil - see not difficult at all! Secure your mask onto your card stock -I used some post it notes, then sponge and stamp through it. Then remove you mask.
This is what we ended up with:

 I used a label framelit to cut out the shape and sponged with melon mambo then tempting turquoise ink, it goes purple where the colours meet. I then stamped the birds from Serene Silhouettes in black Stazon ink before removing the mask. I then stamped the saying from the pursuit of happiness stamp set. We also made an ATC to go in the ATC holder, this time I used the extra large oval punch to make the mask.
 I had a play around and made a card by sponging around the die cut label, removing it and then stamping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment