Monday 15 October 2012

Flash Card Challenge - Card 1

This is my first flash card I made using the flash card challenge kit. (See yesterdays post if you're not sure what I'm on about).
I made a diorama card using half a sheet of river rock card using the third smallest label framelit, (keep the cut out label to use for another card) see Sally Jo's instructions. I used a soft suede and very vanilla card piece.  Cut the 3rd smallest label framelit from soft suede piece - you will need to put it at an angle. I punched a 1" circle and modern label from the middle of the soft suede framelit (this will be covered up by very vanilla) then cut in half lengthways.
I stamped the large tree from the lovely as a tree stamp set in always artichoke ink. I cut this out using the 3rd smallest framelit again.  There were missing edges so I just cut this level between the curves on the side. I used the two halves of the soft suede framelit to edge the very vanilla.
Using some of the spare very vanilla card in the kit I stamped Merry Christmas in soft suede (From Teeny Tiny Wishes set) and punched out using word window. I stamped the pine cone in always artichoke and punched out using 3/4" circle punch. I mounted these on the soft suede modern label and 1" circle. I added some soft suede taffeta ribbon. If you have survived the instructions, here is my card:

And a different angle:

1 comment:

  1. That's gorgeous. Think I got the wrong end of the stick, as usual lol. For some reason because of the name "flash" I thought they would be done in a flash lol.

    ReplyDelete