Saturday 20 April 2013

Faux Water Colour Postage Due

When I made the card I showed you yesterday I really liked how it looked before I heat embossed it so I thought it would be a great technique to do for my swap cards at Julie's training.  The card I showed you yesterday did have a link to a tutorial but I thought I'd do a quick one here as I didn't have time to write the instructions on the back of my swaps.
This is one of my swaps, they were all a bit different and I tried a few different colour combinations but this looks like island indigo pool party, wisteria wonder and calypso coral.
First choose three or four re-inkers and put a few swirls of each onto a plastic wallet. 
Then spritz with some water, the colours may mingle a bit.: 
 Use this to ink up your stamp, (mines from postage due):
 Stamp onto whisper white card, sometimes the first one or two images are very inky like the one below, if it is too blurry you can either stamp over with versa mark and heat emboss like I showed you yesterday or stamp over again with one of the darker inks you used to give more definition, (tomorrow I will show you a card where I did this). 

Here is a card I made using this technique:
 I stamped the image in island indigo and cut and layered a triangle for the middle section.
This technique is great for making a few cards quickly as, depending on how much re-inker you used, you can usually get 6 or 7 images stamped from it. If you haven't got any re-inkers or only want one image you can ink your stamp using stampin write markers (lightest to darkest) then spritz stamp with water.  This will give you a similar effect and you can be a bit more precise with your colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment