Tuesday 3 May 2011

Kimono Kids

I bought the Kimono Kids stamp set as I thought my daughters would like it, (which they do) but I love it. I stamped quite a few images on whisper white, used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up then when I went to mini monsters (soft play for the kids) I took them with me, along with my markers and sat colouring whilst the girls played,very relaxing. I now have a batch of kimono kids to make into cards.
Here's a couple of cards I made, sorry I can't remember all the colours I got carried away!

On the first card I used the latice square embossing folder to emboss some of the real red card, it gives it a lovely thick texture, I borrowed the folder from Claire my lovelystampin' up  up-line but I have added it to my ever growing wish list. I used the scallop edge punch to make some borders with the basic black card as I thought this was a very oriental combination.
On the second card I used tempting turqoise and some real red designer series paper from the Brights DSP collection. Sorry I have just realised a lantern was missing when I took the photo - it is back on now, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment