Saturday 17 March 2012

Scallop envelope purse

Hi, I thought I would share something we made in our scallop envelope class.  We made a lovely purse based on this tutorial by Monica, a very talented demonstrator. I made two different colour combos before I went for black and poppy red.
This is the one we made,

The flower is made using the party blossom die from the spring mini catalogue and an antique brad for the center.  I used the ribbon border punch and some black satin ribbon for the handle. We used a velcro dot fastener, slightly different from the tutorial.
My first purse used island indigo, calypso coral and pool party - very retro looking and the second one was poppy red and crumb cake but I decided I liked the black and red combo best. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment