Friday 23 March 2012

Lovely as a tree - Shoe box swap

A few weeks ago I took part in a shoe box swap with some other demos in the area. What on earth is a shoe box swap I hear you say.  Well, it is where everyone designs a card and puts everything you need to make it in a shoe box. We then got to make everyones design.  I haven't got round to photographing them all yet but this is the one I designed.
I thought I'd make a mans card for a change. It is a twisted easel card using the lovely as a tree stamp set. I just used one ink pad, not quite navy, to get the different shades stamp onto scrap paper before you stamp onto your card.

The DSP I used is called well worn and it's great for mens cards and I used some denim ribbon. I made the photo corners using the square punch. The birthday stamp is from the happiest birthday wished stamp set which you can only get by hosting a workshop, it is a great value set and I seem to be using it a lot. If you would like to learn different stamping techniques and how to make the most of your tools why not get in touch with me and book a workshop/stamping party or come to one of my classes, I will be poting a new class schedule in the next few days so pop back and take a look.
We all had a lovely day and I will post the cards and box I made soon and THANK YOU Margaret for the beautiful buffet lunch she made us, it was a big surprise and very scrummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment