Saturday 25 February 2012

Spice Cake Fabric bag

I've been sewing again, this time I used the spice cake fabric which I love, think I may have to buy some more before the end of the mini catalogue! It's the same as the flirtatious bag I made using the scallop square die but this time I made it 4 x 4 squares and left off the ruffle, I used the wide grosgrain ribbon for the handle and fastener and the giant buttons. As the bag was bigger I used a co-ordinating fabric for the lining.  I love this bag and am using it every day and have received lots of positive feedback, next time I will have to make an internal pocket as well though.


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the buttons, and the buttonhole trim, and I can see why you love this fabric......yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne-Marie, I love this bag. I keep meaning to get the sewing machine out but still haven't. This may be just the inspiration I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anne-Marie - I love this !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete