Friday 30 December 2011

Scallop envelope die needle case

I've been full of cold for over a week now but managed to do a little bit of crafting today.  I've been having a little play with my dies and felt and came up with this little needle case, not what I set out to make!

 I cut the scallope envelope out of purple felt and made 2 little pages from pink felt, very similar to melon mambo. I sewed the melon mambo ribbon around the middle of theoutside of the envelope, it was easy to sew as the ribbon has little holes all away along. I sewed the little pages inside, one went right across the middle, sewed into the side flaps and one was sewn just into one side so it will lift up to get to the page underneath.

I sewed some velcro in for the closure.  To decorate the front flap I die cut a pink felt flower using the funflower die and sewed it on with some more ribbon to hang at the back of it and a  button on the front.  There are a lot of improvements I can make but I'm pleased with my first attempt and it does the job of keeping my deedles safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment