Tuesday 5 April 2011

Manhattan Rose - my first challange card

There is a new Stampin Challange blog - see the link on my side bar, so first time ever I have entered a stamping challange. I used the new manhattan rose embossing folder, after embossing I brayered the reverse side with so saffron and regal red then cut out and layered on very vanilla card.  There is a video on you tube with this technique, just search 'manhattan embossing folder and brayer' and you should find it.  I used the sketch on the challange as my layout, just changed it to horizontal.
Here's my card
Good luck to all the girls on the challange blog, why not have a look at their blog and have a go yourself?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' Challenge your card is so pretty those colours are fabulous. I think this is my favourite embossing folder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I will definitely try that technique - it gives such a beautiful effect.
    Thanks for taking part in the first Simply Stampin Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The effect of this embossing folder looks brilliant! I shall have to try this myself. Great card. Thanks for joining us at the Simply Stampin' Challenge Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in the Simply Stampin Challenge, I love this technique, will certainly have to give it a try, just bought a brayer so we will see!!!! Well done on making the Top 3. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got this embossing folder, will give this technique a try. Love the effect it gives. Beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete