Saturday 12 March 2011

Rock and Roll the Stampin' Up! way

As I said in my last post I haven't been dancing, (well maybe a bit in the cinema just to embarass the kids).  I have been trying out the rock and roll technique, which was new to me, I love the effect. First ink your stamp in a light colour then rock and roll the edges on a darker ink pad trying not to ink the middle. I've tried it on the butterfly from the garden whimsy stamp set but I think it would be easier on a more even edged stamp like a circle. When I get a bit more adventurous I will do a tutorial.


Here's my first rock and roll attempt using bashful blue and rose red, I think I need to practise taking photographs as I've missed the top of the card.  I did use the whimsy jumbo wheel in the background but you can't see on the photo, I love the wheels so I'm sure I will do some more cards with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment