Sunday 31 March 2013

Three Challenges in one card!

Two blog posts in one day, it must be Easter! Last night I went over to my friend Val's to play, (oops, I mean to have a creative crafting session). I wrote down a few challenges for inspiration and we had a go. My card combines three challenges:

I must say I did find it a challenge, I would normally have teamed that colour selection with very vanilla rather than white and the card needed to be clean and simple, (put the sponge daubers away Anne-Marie!) but after a lot of dithering here is my card:
 The stamp set I used was Tea Shoppe. I inked the cup stamp using raspberry ripple and chocolate chip, (doesn't that sound yummy), markers then spritzed with water and stamped onto primrose petal card, then fussy cut it out. Two lots of flowers are stamped directly onto the card and the third one was cut out. I did some faux stitching with the raspberry ripple marker and white gel pen to frame the image a bit more. The scallop trim was made using one of my favourite punches the dotted scallop ribbon border punch.




12 comments:

  1. The cup looks amazing in this mix of colours... super card.
    Thanks so much
    Happy Easter!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    We would be really grateful if you could remove the Word Verification from your blog, it makes commenting so much easier.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I've removed word verification, didn't realise it was on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne-Marie, delicious sounding colours! Love the cup image. Thanks for your visit too :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! The flower image looks so pretty stamped on the teacup. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Anne-Marie, great colouring job, i like your tea cup, gorgeous card.
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour you used and it is so pretty.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card. The special technique on the cup makes this so unique and extraordinarily pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet card .. love the teacup

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! Love the cup and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that image stamped on the teacup. So pretty! Thanks for playing in the CTD this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flowers coming out of your teacup! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete