Tuesday 1 May 2012

Stampin' Up Summer Mini Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog, you have probably hopped over from Frankiesue's.  I have been very busy with the simply scored tool which I love, this is my creation I have chosen to show you. It's a wreath made with the gorgeous twitterpated papers, fabric and pleated ribbon. The wreath is made of 2 backing cards from DSP packs, I drew around a dinner plate and a tea plate and cut out then wrapped it with some wadding, don't worry, if we make this in class I will get some polysterene wreaths!  I then wrapped some strips of twitterpated fabric around. I think the fabric was about 1 1/2" wide and I sewed the strips together for easiness.

The rosettes are so easy to make using the simply scored tool. I used strips of 12" long  twitterpated DSP, the strips were 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and one 2" wide. I scored them every 1/4". Cut how much of each paper you want to use, (for e.g. 6") and score the whole piece and then cut it into strips. Remember the width of the finished rosette will be twice the width of the strip so a 2" rosette is made from a 1" wide strip. For the large rosette I used two 2" strips stuck together. There are a lot of tutorials on how to make the rosettes or lollies as the US Demo's call them, here is one.


I have used a variety of things to decorate the top of the rosettes. Flowers made using the boho blossom punch and pearls and the twitterpated buttons. The ribbon flowers are made using the new pleated satin ribbon which I love! They are so easy to make, punch a circle out of card stock and cover it with sticky strip, then starting from the outside wrap your ribbon round finishing in the center.


I hope you enjoyed your little stop over, the next hop is over to Angela who I know will have something fantstic to show you.  Thank you for looking.
Here is a list of everyone incase you are a little lost!
1. AlisonP ~ www.craftyalisoninlyon.blogspot.com
2. Crafting Alison ~ www.craftingalison.blogspot.com
3. Sarnie - www.kraftybiker.blogspot.com
4. Pat - www.pinkycardsandcreations.blogspot.com
5. IOW Sarah- www.stampinsarahiow.blogspot.com
6. Frankiesue - www.frankiesue.blogspot.com
7. Anne-Marie - http://classycrafters.blogspot.co.uk/
8. Angela - www.sparklycards.blogspot.com
9. Elaine - www.thesassystampers.blogspot.com
10. Sara - www.craftingandstamping.com
11. FrenchieJo - www.frenchiejo.blogspot.com
12. Leanie - www.beautifulimpressions.co.uk
13. Michelle (ShellieStamps) - www.craftypaper.co.uk
14. Fiona - http://oakfieldcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
15. Tina F -http://littlewhitehousecrafts.blogspot.com
16. (9399) Amanda - http://thecraftspa.blogspot.com
17. Ruth(mamaluke) www.artfulstampin.co.uk
18. Jan (JJ66) - http://jan-crippin.blogspot.co.uk/
19. Bluedaisy (Tracy) - http://bluedaisydaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/
20. Nuttysgirl (Emily) - http://www.stampinmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous Anne-Marie.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is great. I love the ribbon rosettes too. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely project and thanks for the link to the tutorial. Will put this on my ever growing to do list x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just loving the ribbon rosettes. Something else for me to add to my wish list. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly pretty project - now added to my growing "must try this" list
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Twitterpated suite! And I love how creative you got with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the paper rosettes before but it's the first time I've seen the ribbon flowers made with this new pleated ribbon, they're lush. Thanks for the idea.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! I love those pretty papers and the ribbon flowers are stunning!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty wreath, you've definitely inspired me to have a go. I love the ribbon flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's even more gorgeous in the flesh, thanks for showing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning wreath! Feeling the need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your project, can't wait to try the rosettes on the new scoreboard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely, this is so eye-catching :)

    ReplyDelete