Monday 22 April 2013

Thinking outside the Boutique Box!

I went to Julie's team training at the weekend which was lovely, (as usual). The theme was Men, which put most of us outside of our comfort zone! In the afternoon we made an interactive scrapbook page using the boutique boxes designer printed kit, Julie named it the 'Thinking Outside the Boutique Box' class.  To be honest I've never really taken much notice of this kit as it just didn't catch my eye, too many feathers I think, so it is definitely something I would never have bought myself.  Surprisingly in real life I liked it and for only £7,25 for the kit it is really great value. It has 8 die cut boxes, 8 note cards, 16 buttons, 4.6m of crumb cake bakers twine a 12" x 12" sheet of die cut decorations and 24 dimensionals! 
I added a couple of sheets of very vanilla 12" x 12" card and an A4 sheet of crumb cake and basic grey to make my two layouts, plus some punches.
Instead of making boxes I made 6 pockets by butting some of the sides down.  Julie had all six pockets on her layout, here, but I decided to do a double page layout with three pockets on each.  Here are my pages, just have to find the right photo's:

Here is a close up of the pockets:

To make the pockets you have to cut the top flap off but then I stuck them back on again to make the pocket flaps.  One tip though is if you want to make a finger hole at the top using a circle punch, it is much easier to do this before you stick the pocket together, (I didn't!).
Both pages together:
Thank you Julie for this great idea. I have quite a bit of the die cuts and two boxes left to make some more things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment